Leadership programme for the 7th and 8th graders was conducted at STEMland ISMART classroom,Udavi.
The programme was conducted Mondays over five weeks. Ahmed,Bridget and Helena were the resource persons. The STEMland AAD team were as PC’s. The following tools were presented to the children.
3. Background Conversation and Deep Listening.
4. Four Profiles.
5. System Principles.
6. Watched the video of “Story of Stuff” to understand systems.
On the first day we began with ground rules which must be followed during the workshop. After the presentation of each tool, the children were called up to share their insights. A few of the children went and shared their insights. The insights were processed by Ahmed.
Once the programme was completed Sundar had created the triad list. The list was shared with the children and instructions where given on how the triad should be conducted.
This week we worked with “Powerful Speaking” a tool from the Stewardship for New Emergence program. It was new for some of us in the team. Everyone shared for about three minutes on what they want to accomplish in the upcoming year. We used the conscious full spectrum to fill what and how to accomplish. I wanted to work on the EBD (Education By Design) more, learn from it and to be able to do EBDs with children.
Once each person shared we gave feedback to them. I learnt how to give feedback to others and learned to distinguish it from advice. The format of the feedback we used was ‘retain’, ‘increase’ and ‘decrease’ on what the person spoke supporting them to speak again the next time, possibly to a different forum. From this tool, I learnt how to come up and speak to the team and learnt to be specific on the committed requests I make.
Stewardship/Leadership and capacity building workshop in Tamil for full potential in the workplace, home, and community.
- Srilatha Juvva is a professor at Tata institute of social sciences.
- Suriyaprakash C is Professor of Organizational Behavior with Jansons School of Business, Coimbatore.
The goals of the program was that an individual attending the program:
- moves from resignation in workplace towards action producing results toward common goals.
- builds capacity for increased personal confidence and drive for inspired-action.
- transforms attitudes of blame, complaints, and gossip towards responsible speaking and actions.
- foster a wider mindset of inter-community sustainability and well-being for all.
- support workplaces to become environments of learning and unfolding where action becomes integrally directed towards common goals.
- cultivate accomplishment.
Arun, Bala and I were part of the organizing team and PC (Practitioner Coaches) who were holding tables and conducting follow up traids. As part of the administration I took up the accountability for preparing the handouts and of breakfast of the team holding the event.
I was holding a table as a PC (Practioner Caoch). This gave me an opportunity to practice my role as a PC as distinguished from a coach as I gave examples from my life to illustrate the tools and distinctions. In giving these examples I was also able to notice gaps in my actions. It also gave me an opportunity to improve my Tamil writing skills. I was able to write in Tamil for the participants who were not able to write.
During the CFSR(Conscious Full Spectrum) tool, I shared my project in the stage which helped me to make my project more clearer. I also found a partner there from the audience with whom I could work because she was also doing the same kind of project. My project was one Lets Talk Trash- A team of Auroville youth cleaning and creating awareness in and around Auroville.
I was also given the opportunity to practice feedback for growth (as distinguished from diminishing feedback or advice) to each participant in my group when we did Speaking Powerfully exercise.
- I was able to notice my what was missing in my actions and worked toward filling the missing actions.
- I noticed that I was assertive while handling the table.
- I made sure that what I did was for the growth and exploration for others.
- Most of the participants in my team were able to speak powerfully during the the Speaking Powerfully exercise in my group.
- I was in integrity in attending the workshop.
I need to practice, practice, practice.
This is the project with which I filled out the CFSR on the stage.
On Monday, 29th January we had the second session of the workshop – stewardsip for new emergence. In this workshop we discussed about four profiles namely wisdom, social personality, and professional From the four profiles the one that I could connect the most was my professional profile. I am now working on a digital clock, I haven’t completed it yet but the insight of being a professional reminded me to try and complete the work that I am doing. Initially I had no idea of where to start and what to do. Now I have learnt about the counters and decoders which is used in the digital clock that I am creating. I was also able to recall the Karnaugh Map which I had studied in my college days.
We did a Stewardship workshop on 19/05/17 @ STEMLAND, Udavi School for the people who had come from Andhra. The tools we covered are Stand, fear, 4 profiles and deep listening. The participants were open to learn and I had a feeling that the session went well and everyone learned something new and were reflective. As a PC, I would like to improve my interaction with participants who speak other language than Tamil/English