~Saranya & Sundar
Saranya forgot her system (Ubuntu 14.04) password and instead of recovering it she wanted to reinstall 18.04 OS, that’s when I showed her how to reset the admin password.
How to reset password in Ubuntu:
- While booting the system press esc.
- Choose advanced boot options then choose recovery mode and select root give enter.
- It will open the terminal in root:
- In that Terminal type: mount -o remount,rw /
- mount -o remount,rw /
- type: password type your password
mount -rw -o remount /
How to check the list of users in your system (Ubuntu):
-d: -f1 /etc/passwd ; check list of users
passwd accountname ; to change password