~Saranya and Ranjith
I learnt about three brain. Which is,
- Reptilian Brain
- Limbic Brain
- Neocortex Brain
- It controls the body’s vital functions such as heart rate, breathing, body temperature and balance.
- Main structures found in reptilian brain is two:
- Brainstem 2. cerebellum
- It’s emerged in the first mammals.
- It record memories of behaviours that produced agreeable and disagreeable experiences, so it is responsible for what are called emotions in human beings.
- The main structures of the limbic brain are the hippocampus, the amygdala, and the hypothalamus.
- The limbic brain is the seat of the value judgments that we make, often unconsciously, that exert such a strong influence on our behaviour.
- The neocortex first assumed importance in primates and culminated in the human brain with its two large cerebral hemispheres that play such a dominant role.
- These hemispheres have been responsible for the development of human language, abstract thought, imagination, and consciousness. The neocortex is flexible and has almost infinite learning abilities.
- The neocortex is also what has enabled human culturesto develop.