- We had the inauguration of STEM Land at Isai-Ambalam School on the 1st of March at 10:30 a.m.
- We had friends and our community members and the 9th Graders from Udavi School who came to visit and participate at the inauguration.
- Then, we all delivered speech on what we want to see and our experience with STEM Land.
After the children demonstrated and interacted with the visitors by
- Playing strategic games and puzzles.
- Explaining and demonstrating Montessori materials by the young children.
- Explaining and demonstrating their electronic and science projects.
List of projects / area which the children had demonstrated for the inauguration.
- Ayush -(Aravind Gupta Toys) was able to explain and demonstrate that “Moving magnet produces electricity” and “Cast Puzzle”.
- Ganapathy,Vasanth Kumar and Sabari were able to build a “Buzzer Game” by themselves and played it with the visitors.
- Abarna was able to use Geo Board and demonstrate the area of rectangle and square.
- Suresh was able to show conducting and non-conducting materials using an electronic project and he was able to build a “Bubble Blower” by himslef.
- Gowtham and Yuvasri were able to build a circuit which lights up an LED using a switch in the breadboard.
- Keerthana,Swetha,Kishore and Bala played Dobble,Pylos,Abalone and Othello with the visitors and 9th.
- The 4th Grade children did a “Welcome board decorated with LEDs”.
- Prabha was able to demonstrate his project – he had built a “Robot” and was able to communicate with it using blue-tooth from a mobile phone and rotate its motors.
- The 7th Grade demonstrated – Equations using Deines block(Montessori material).
- The 9th Graders from Udavi School also demonstrated and explained how to play Kabaleo , Othello and Rubiks Cube.
- Its a new experience for us to work with the young children(i.e 4th – 7th Grade).
- We use Montessori materials to learn math and we also do hands on work(Aravind Gupta Science Toys) to learn some of the concepts in science class.
- The children have the courage to create their own science and electronics projects .
- They are also creative and interested in doing hands on work.
- The children here are responsible for their learning and as well as for the materials in STEM Land.