In Udavi school we have organised RTL session for children in 7th and 8th grade. Once in a week we have a session with them. Sanjeev, Nirmala, Dhavaselvy, Muthukumaran, Helena, Honor, Kavitha and Nina are the resource people. The workshop has 7 sessions and 11 tools. Each session is 2 hours.
Week 1: 19/11/2022 Stand and fears
1. I learned stand and fear. I thought I don’t have fear. I learned to be courageous. I learnt my fear and next time I will think of fear as a cartoon character.
2. Still I didn’t find my fear. I learnt my friends’ stand and fear and what they care about which usually we don’t talk about.
3. I learnt what equity is and my fear. I learnt courage and to work from it.
4. I learnt different qualities and fears. I learnt to use courage.
5. I have fear and it is there. I should know how to transcend it. Fear is normal. Second time I did the exercise I noticed that my fear had reduced.
Week 2: 26/11/2022 4 profile and Background Conversation
Stand and fear:
- How to control fear.
- How to control fear and give name for my fear and act from my universal values.
- How to name my fear and put down my fear being in my values and learnt what are my universal values.
- Ignore the issue in society, be yourself (in values).
- Treat everyone equal
- From my universal values I see everyone is my friend.
- Treat everyone equally by being in my universal values and do not ask caste.
- Do not judge others based on their dress or their profession.
- See everyone as equal and do not judge them.
- Do not see cast and treat them equally by being in my universal values.
Background Conversations and deep listening:
- Deep listening to each other and should not allow my background conversation.
- Do not hurt others by not listening to them.
- I should listen to others while having conversations.
- I should listen to them with wholeness (deep listen).
- I should not have background conversation and listen to others instead of finding the flaw (background conversation)
- It is my choice to listen to others.
Week 3 : 03/12/2022 Story of stuff and introduction to Conscious full spectrum Response model
Following are the system principles children came up with.
1. Cause and effect of the problem and to identify the solution.
2. If something has happened, some we can change some we can’t. (Eg: if a scale is broken I can’t do anything for it)
3. Not to pollute and a system is working together.
4. I learnt not to cut the trees. I learn about systems.
5. I learnt about a system and it’s cause and effect.
6. Design using all three circles. Only one or two circles does not give a sustainable solution.
7. I am also part of the system and I need to change if I wish to see change.